All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeeking Goodness and Beauty: The Use of the Arts in Theological Ethics offers the reader a unique and invative perspective on questions of ethics and how we can incorporate the human experience of the Arts to best live and teach the moral life. Art and aesthetic experiences transcend borders and engage us rationally, emotionally, and sensually. Novels, film, autobiography, and music can all contribute to the moral formation of good character and virtue as well as to the skill of discerning right action by developing imagination, shaping moral vision, tutoring the emotions, or guiding the process of moral discernment. Seeking Goodness and Beauty brings together theory and practice in an approachable, engaging manner and offers methods of pedagogy to encourage the use of the arts in moral education.
- Author BiographyPatricia Lamoureux is professor of moral theology and holds the Richard and Barbara Fisher Chair in Social Ethics at St. Mary's Seminary and University, Baltimore MD. Kevin O'Neil, C.S.s.R, is associate professor of moral theology at the Washington Theological Union in Washington, DC. He is co-author with Peter Black of The Essential Moral Handbook. .
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/12/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleCommunication, Culture, and Religion
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Weight267 g
- Width148 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byKevin O'Neil,Patricia Lamoureux
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.