All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world is witnessing its worst refugee crisis in recorded history, and the videos and images that have surfaced are harrowing. Many of us wonder how we can help, but at the same time we are nervous we want to be compassionate, but we are concerned about the risks. Seeking Refuge speaks right into that tension. It explores the salient issues and dilemmas, the theological and moral arguments, the ecomic costs and benefits of welcoming refugees, and more. Informed by real stories from refugee communities around the world, Seeking Refuge will equip you for a compassionate response to refugees and other displaced people, one that displays God s redeeming power to a broken world.The church has an opportunity to lead out on one of the most important issues of our time. Someday our Lord will say, I was a stranger and you welcomed me... Will he be talking about us?
- Author BiographySTEPHAN BAUMANis the President and CEO of World Relief, an international relief and development organization partnering with the global Church to serve more than five million vulnerable people each year. World Relief is also the founder and convener of The Justice Conference. Stephan's pursuit of justice led him to transition from a successful career in the Fortune 100 sector to Africa where he directed relief and development programs for nearly a decade before returning to the United States to lead World Relief's global operations. He holds degrees from Johns Hopkins University, Wheaton College, and the University of Wisconsin. He is a poet, an author, an ordained minister and a strategist. He considers his African friends his most important teachers, and his wife, Belinda, his most important mentor. Stephan, Belinda, and their two sons, Joshua and Caleb, live near Washington, D.C. MATTHEW SOERENSserves as the U.S. Director of Church Mobilization for World Relief. He previously served as the Field Director for the Evangelical Immigraton Table, a coalition of evangelical organizations of which World Relief is a founding member. He is the co-author of Welcoming the Stranger: Justice, Compassion & Truth in the Immigration Debate (InterVarsity Press, 2009), and a graduate of Wheaton College (IL) and DePaul University. Matt lives in Aurora, Illinois with his wife Diana and their two children. DR. ISSAM SMEIRis a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor who specializes in trauma treatment for refugees, victims of torture, and severely abused and neglected children. He holds a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology from Wheaton College and a Doctoral Degree in Counseling and Clinical Supervision from Northern Illinois University, and has done post doctorate training in trauma and refugee issues at Harvard University. He has worked for World Relief since 2001, serving refugees and other immigrants from dozens of countries of origin. Prior to joining World Relief, Issam worked with several missions and relief organizations. Originally from the country of Jordan, Issam now lives in Suburban Chicago with his wife and four sons.
- Author(s)Issam Smeir,Matthew Soerens,Matthew Sorens,Stephan Bauman
- Date of Publication05/07/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Narrator(s)Lloyd James
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time306
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.47New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $31.69New
- AU $14.60New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.38
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $36.13
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.22
- AU $12.02Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.98Trending at AU $14.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.