All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
About this product
- DescriptionSeeking Sanctuary is a rich and detailed journey into Sudan, a country that crystallizes present fears and prejudices about Islam, extremism and borderless global terrorism. It is told through the eyes of converts-people intimately familiar with the western world but who have chosen Sudan and its apparent discomfort over their former existence. The result is t the cliched clash of cultures, or a narrative of awkwardness, but an uplifting account of joyful assimilation. The book provides an extraordinary insight into the religious journey to conversion. Its focus on the individual stories reveals the ermous complexity of motive, the subtlety of the experience, and the need for sensitivity rather than commonplace suspicion. It explains how the concerts have molded their own belief systems out of a common set of values to create an existence that allows them to feel comfortable about themselves and their environment for the first time. It contains a fascinating collection of intimate portraits, and individual discoveries.
- Author BiographyHilda was born in Perth, Scotland. After graduating from Edinburgh University she started training to become an actuary. Three months later she decided that not even the prospect of belonging to what was then the highest paid profession in the country could induce her to carry on in a career to which she was so congenitally unsuited. Subsequent jobs included oil industry analyst in London, artists' model in Paris, technical translator in Baghdad, charity worker in Zanzibar and journalist in Ho Chi Minh City. In her last professional incarnation she spent five years in Khartoum as director of an educational charity.
- Author(s)Hilda Reilly
- PublisherEye Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2005
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationMuch Wenlock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEye Books
- Weight246 g
- Width128 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.