All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionA description of the design, experimental procedures and results of the Getty Seismic Adobe Project, which set out to identify and evaluate methods for the seismic protection of historical and culturally significant Adobe structures. The book identifies typical failure modes of adobe structures and outlines retrofitting techniques applicable to minimize these failures. Photographic documentation illustrates the effects of retrofitting on the models tested.
- Author BiographyE. Leroy Tolles is a structural engineer with ELT & Associates and was principal investigator for GSAP. Edna E. Kimbro is an architectural conservator and historian specializing in the preservation of Hispanic-era buildings and material culture. Frederick A. Webster is a civil engineer who specializes in design, repair, and retrofitting of historic buildings. William S. Ginell is a senior conservation research scientist at the Getty Conservation Institute and was project director of GSAP. Tolles, Webster, and Kimbro are coauthors, with Anthony Crosby, of Survey of Damage to Historic Adobe Buildings after the January 1994 Northridge Earthquake.
- Author(s)E.Leroy Tolles,Edna K. Kimbro,Frederick A. Webster,William S. Ginell
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- Series TitleGCI Scientific Program Reports
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGetty Conservation Institute,US
- Content Note286 b&w illustrations, 15 drawings
- Weight581 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.