All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelected Climbs: Mont Blanc & the Aiguilles Rouges presents the best rock climbs in the Mont Blanc range and on the Aiguilles Rouges, from F4 to F6a+. The selection is based on purely hedonistic criteria, including the beauty of the cliff, the variety of the climbing and the quality of the rock. The emphasis is on enjoyable climbs with easy access and descents. The routes cover a variety of rock types, climbing styles and protection (natural and fixed). All the routes are of moderate difficulty and can be done comfortably in a day without the need to carry heavy or bulky gear. Written by local climbers Jean-Louis Laroche and Florence Lelong, this selection of sixty climbs on forty summits in seventeen areas around the Chamonix valley features established classics and recent additions. Included are Marchand de Sable on the Tour Rouge, the Rebuffat Route on the Aiguille du Midi, and the Frison-Roche route of the south-east face of the Brevent, plus many more. Each route features technical tes, a detailed topo and route description, and photos illustrating the climb's unique character.
- Author BiographyJean-Louis Laroche is a mountain guide, freelance photographer, journalist and guidebook writer. He has spent more than thirty years exploring the Mont Blanc Massif and during this time he has climbed all the area's classic routes, made first ascents of numerous ice climbs and trodden many of the world's most beautiful mountains. Florence Lelong shares her love of the natural environment through her work as a freelance photographer, illustrator, hiking guide and mountaineer. She has co-written numerous books and guidebooks and regularly contributes work to the press, news agencies and publishers. Laroche and Lelong are also authors of Mountaineering in the Mont Blanc Range (Vertebrate Publishing, 2014), and run the Alpinisme-Escalades climbing school.
- Author(s)Florence LeLong,Jean-Louis Laroche
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Publishing
- Content Notecolour photographs and route topos
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byPaul Henderson
- Edition StatementEnglish Language Ed.
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.