All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe central and distinguishing feature shared by all the contributions made by K. Ito is the extraordinary insight which they convey. Reading his papers, one should try to picture the intellectual setting in which he was working. At the time when he was a student in Tokyo during the late 1930s, probability theory had only recently entered the age of continuous-time stochastic processes: N. Wiener had accomplished his amazing construction little more than a decade earlier (Wiener, N. , Differential space, J. Math. Phys. 2, (1923)), Levy had hardly begun the mysterious web he was to eventually weave out of Wiener's P~!hs, the generalizations started by Kolmogorov (Kol- mogorov, A. N. , Uber die analytische Methoden in der Wahrscheinlichkeitsrechnung, Math Ann. 104 (1931)) and continued by Feller (Feller, W. , Zur Theorie der stochastischen Prozesse, Math Ann. 113, (1936)) appeared to have little if anything to do with probability theory, and the technical measure-theoretic tours de force of J. L. Doob (Doob, J. L. , Stochastic processes depending on a continuous parameter, TAMS 42 (1937)) still appeared impregnable to all but the most erudite. Thus, even at the established mathematical centers in Russia, Western Europe, and America, the theory of stochastic processes was still in its infancy and the student who was asked to learn the subject had better be one who was ready to test his mettle.
- Author(s)Kiyosi Ito
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Collected Works in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1172 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byD. W. Stroock,S. R. S. Varadhan
- Edition Statement1987. Reprint 2014 of the 1987 edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.