All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGenerous sampling of 24 of Whitman's best and most representative poems from Leaves of Grass. Selections include I Hear America Singing, I Sing the Body Electric, Song of the Open Road, Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking, When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom'd and O Captain! My Captain! - all reprinted from an authoritative text.
- Author BiographyOne of America's most influential and innovative poets, Walt Whitman (1819-92) worked as a teacher, journalist, and volunteer nurse during the Civil War. Proclaimed as the nation's first poet of democracy, Whitman reached out to common readers and opposed censorship with his overt celebrations of sexuality
- Author(s)Walter Whitman
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication07/10/1991
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleDover Thrift Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight108 g
- Width132 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.