All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems, selected from Das Buch der Bilder and the two parts of Neue Gedichte, show Rilke's deep concern with sculpture and painting. Written in his less mystical period (1900-1908), the poems exhibit Rilke's particular artistic and poetic power. Rainer Maria Rilke was one of Germany's most important poets. His influences include the paintings of the Worpswedders and the French Impressionists, the sculpture of Rodin (to whom he was both friend and secretary), and the poetry of Baudelaire, Verlaine, Mallarme, and other symbolists. His poetry is invative, enigmatic, and entertainingly idiosyncratic. C.F. MacIntyre's translations are both true to the original and poetic in their own right, and in each book he includes an introduction and tes. German text faces the English translation.
- Author BiographyC.F. MacIntyre (d.1967) was well known as a translator. In addition to works by Rilke, he translated Goethe's Faust and many of the French symbolists: Nerval, Baudelaire,Verlaine, Corbiere, Mallarme, Rimbaud, Laforgue, and Valery. His volumes of original poems include The Black Bull, Cafes and Cathedrals, and Poems.
- Author(s)Rainer Maria Rilke
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2001
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight22 g
- Width108 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byC. F. MacIntyre
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementBilingual edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.