Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the mad imagination of 19th-century gothic master of horror and suspense Edgar Allan Poe comes this deliciously gripping CD from the acclaimed Selected Shorts series that will leave listeners breathless and happily terrified. The creepy, breathtaking, and soulful classic tales include: The Masque of the Red Death, the terrifying and ironic story of a bleman who attempts to seal himself and his friends away from a terrible plague raging outside, performed by Fionnula Flanagan; The Pit and the Pendulum, a hair-raising, first-person account of a man in a torture chamber during the Spanish Inquisition, performed to a fare-thee-well by Stephen Lang; The Black Cat, in which a man's dead pet comes back to haunt him, performed by Tony Award-winner Rene Auberjois. Plus there are dreamy, mesmerizing, and haunting readings of Poe's wonderfully atmospheric best-loved poems, The Bells, The Raven, and Annabel Lee.
- Author BiographySymphony Space is a performing arts centre based in New York City that fosters artistically and culturally diverse performing arts, literary, and film programs that bring artists and audiences together in an atmosphere of exploration and intimacy. This organisation reaches audiences throughout New York City, the wider metropolitan area, and -- through distribution of programs via media such as radio, recordings, podcasts, and touring -- the nation.
- Author(s)Symphony Space
- PublisherSymphony Space
- Date of Publication26/09/2012
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSymphony Space
- Weight108 g
- Width139 mm
- Height120 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Running Time150
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.