All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains a little more than 20 of Debabrata Basu's most significant articles and writings. Debabrata Basu is internationally kwn for his highly influential and fundamental contributions to the foundations of statistics, survey sampling, sufficiency, and invariance. The major theorem bearing his name has had numerous applications to statistics and probability. The articles in this volume are reprints of the original articles, in a chrological order. The book also contains eleven commentaries written by some of the most distinguished scholars in the area of foundations and statistical inference. These commentaries are by George Casella and V. Gopal, Phil Dawid, Tom DiCiccio and Alastair Young, Malay Ghosh, Jay kadane, Glen Meeden, Robert Serfling, Jayaram Sethuraman, Terry Speed, and Alan Welsh.
- Author BiographyAnirban DasGupta is Professor of Statistics at Purdue University. He is an Associate Editor of the Annals of Statistics, Statistics Surveys, and Metrika. He has also served in the editorial boards of the Journal of American Statistical Association, International Statistical Review, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, and Sankhya. He is the author of Springer's Asymptotic Theory of Statistics and Probability and of Fundamentals of Probability, A First Course. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and is the author of 105 articles.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/02/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSelected Works in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2110 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnirban DasGupta
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.