All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelenium plays a fascinating and still poorly understood role in the function of living cells and therefore in human health. Starting with investigations over 60 years ago into its role as a toxic agent in livestock disease, selenium studies have progressed rapidly with the application of tools from immulogy and molecular biology. Selenium is w kwn to be important in human and animal nutrition, has been discovered as a structural component of so-called seleproteins, and may play a number of physiological roles, ranging from cancer protection to hormone metabolism. Selenium in Biology and Human Health presents research syntheses on a range of topics involving selenium, written by specialists from around the world. It will be of interest to cell biologists and physiologists, nutritional scientists, and animal health researchers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRaymond F. Burk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.