All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does it feel so natural to be compassionate and kind to those we love-yet so hard to treat ourselves the same way? Our culture teaches us to use self-shaming for motivation and to build self-esteem by constantly measuring our worth against everyone else, says Dr. Kristin Neff . We need to re-learn the essential skill of be-ing genuinely kind to ourselves. On Self-Compassion Step by Step, this groundbreaking researcher presents the clinical evidence that self-compassion is a master key to greater happiness, well-being, and resilience-and presents proven techniques for cultivating this pivotal quality. Includes guided meditations, body-based practices, personal and practical insights, and much more.
- Author BiographyKristin Neff, PhD, is a professor of human development and culture at the University of Texas, Austin, and the author of the breakout book Self-Compassion. She has practiced Buddhist meditation since 1997. Dr. Neff and her family were the subject of the recent book and documentary The Horse Boy. For more, visit self-compassion.org.
- Author(s)Kristin Neff
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight277 g
- Width171 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Running Time360
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $55.35
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.35Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.