All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are few character strengths more essential and central to success--academic, social, professional, familial--than self-control. Without self-control, amount of intelligence, wealth, social connections, good grades, or charm will allow the individual to attain and maintain success and happiness. More than many character strengths, self-control can be readily learned and practiced. Readers will discover here that self-control is a discipline like any other that requires steady effort, application, and repetition. Readers will also be shown that the payoff is huge--a life in which one's potential is realized and allowed to flourish unfettered by self-defeating behavior and thought. As if this were t valuable eugh, the content also conforms to many of the Common Core reading standards for instructional texts, including the identifying of an author's point of view and purpose; the identifying of main ideas and their supporting details; the analyzing and evaluating of an argument's structure, development, and effectiveness; and the summarizing of text.
- Author(s)Ramona Siddoway
- PublisherRosen Classroom
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series Title7 Character Strengths of Highly Successful Students
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRosen Classroom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.