All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelf Defense in a Narcissistic World explores a new, basically unrecognized and highly prevalent everyday addiction: power trips. Author Gerald Alper examines the disastrous consequences of this simple but insidious, and largely unconscious, cultural and psychological phemen. Discussed in the book are vivid everyday occurrences of power trips, including myriads of therapy trips, or subtle power transactions between therapist and patient. A key section is then devoted to revealing the strategies and dynamics of power trips. The author also offers a sober consideration of consequences suffered when the psychodynamics of a power trip are performed on the world stage.
- Author BiographyGerald Alper, M.S. is a practicing psychotherapist since 1979 and fellow of the American Institute for Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis.
- Author(s)Gerald Alper
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width149 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.