All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeutagogy, or self-determined learning, redefines how we understand learning and provides some exciting opportunities for educators. It is a vel approach to educational practice, drawing on familiar concepts such as constructivism, capability, andragogy and complexity theory. Heutagogy is also supported by a substantial and growing body of neuroscience research. Self-Determined Learning explores how heutagogy was derived, and what this approach to learning involves, drawing on recent research and practical applications. The editors draw together contributions from educators and practitioners in different fields, illustrating how the approach can been used and the benefits its use has produced. The subjects discussed include: the nature of learning, heutagogy in the classroom, flexible curriculum, assessment, e-learning, reflective learning, action learning and research, and heutagogy in professional practice settings.
- Author BiographyStewart Hase is a consulting psychologist and writer. He is also an adjunct fellow at Southern Cross University, Australia, and consults for a number of public and private organizations. Chris Kenyon is an adviser and consultant. He has worked around the world assisting government agencies and commercial organizations.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight497 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChris Kenyon,Stewart Hase
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.