All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author discusses the subject of self-harm in adolescence, considering the historical context of the development of its classification system. She presents an overview of theoretical fundamentals as well as models of behavior derived from them. Within the context of current research studies, she describes its prevalence, etiology, and comorbidity. The author specifies the basic protective and risk factors as well as all important influences. She presents the diagstic tools currently used in research and clinical practice including the description of key approaches to prevention, therapy and treatment. This book includes the results of a unique research study mapping the lexical trace of the term self-harm in adolescents and the differences in perception of this term among those without own practice, with mediation and with personal, often repeated experience.
- Author BiographyIva Buresova graduated in psychology at Masaryk University in Brno. As researcher at the Institute of Psychology, Faculty of Arts at Masaryk University she teaches psychological assessment, counseling psychology and developmental psychology. Prior she worked as counseling psychologist at the Center for Balanced Diagnostics in Brno as well as clinical psychologist at the Diagnostic Institute for Youth in Brno.
- Author(s)Iva Buresova
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight180 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.