All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionSelf-Healing Through Visual and Verbal Art Therapy explores the therapeutic properties of visual and verbal creativity and its capacity to act as a natural means of self-healing. Drawing on Freud's and Winnicott's work on psychoanalysis and play, R.M. Simon illustrates the healing power of art-making with the drawings and stories of seven-year-old Joe, who succeeds in overcoming the trauma of family break-up by expressing his emotional turmoil outside the formal therapeutic process. The progress from symbolising unconscious distress to verbalising and becoming conscious of (and able to deal with) such distress is clearly demonstrated in the author's discussion of Joe's drawings and stories. This book offers a clear and concise examination of the theory and application of art as therapy and will be useful for art therapists, psychotherapists and students in these fields wanting to develop an understanding of self-healing methods.
- Author BiographyR.M. Simon is an eminent retired art therapist and lecturer. She has worked for 55 years as an art therapist in private practice, hospitals and day centres of the National Health Service and Social Services.
- Author(s)David Simon
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication19/04/2005
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight108 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.