Self-Love Diet: : The Only Diet That Works by Michelle E Minero Mft (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichelle E. Minero, MFT, has redefined diet as regularly offering yourself love. How would your life be different if you loved yourself and your body? Find out through the 7 paths of the Self-Love Diet. You will explore your spirituality, your relationship with your body, your thoughts and feelings, as well as your relationship with yourself, others, your culture and your world. Develop a daily self-love practice, the only diet that works. Testimonial by Anita Johnston, PhD Rather than promoting the deprivation that is typical of modern day diet mentality, Michelle Minero graciously invites us to imagine how our lives and our world might be different if, instead, we fed ourselves a consistent diet of loving thoughts and kind behaviors. She offers up surprisingly easy-to-follow, practical steps for doing so, skillfully demonstrating how following the path of self-love can lead to freedom from body hatred and eating difficulties. This book is a gift for anyone struggling with eating, weight, and negative body image! -Anita Johnston, PhD Author, Eating in the Light of the Moon Testimonial by Pamela Carlton, MD This book is a must read. It is especially helpful for anyone with an eating disorder or chronic dieting and the people who love them. What a wonderful world it would be if women loved and accepted themselves and their bodies unconditionally. Michelle Minero helps the reader along that path. She helps us to see the ways that our society and we ourselves perpetuate self-criticism. She then presents ways in which we can change that critical self-talk into self-love. At the end of each chapter Michelle Minero gives practical action points that help the reader incorporate the key concepts into their life. I will definitely be recommending Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works to my patients and their families. -Pamela Carlton, MD Director, The Carlton Clinic for Eating-Related Disorders Author, Take Charge of Your Child's Eating Disorder Testimonial by Bernie Siegel, MD When we grow up experiencing indifference, rejection and abuse, we make choices which are addictive and self-destructive. When self-love enters your life through changes brought on by the wisdom contained in this book, you will be reparented and reborn into a healthy life and diet of self-love. -Bernie Siegel, MD Author of A Book of Miracles and 101 Exercises For The Soul Testimonial by Ovidio Bermudez, MD This book presents in a creative and accessible style a basic premise of self-help and wellbeing: self-love. Michelle Minero has been able to encapsulate and present in an easy to understand practice and put into action this difficult to grasp and even more difficult to internalize principle. Self-Love Doet: The Only Diet That Works will help many with eating disorders, and I recommend it to every clinician working with individuals strugging with self-acceptance. Kudos to Michelle for putting forth this valuable tool. -Ovidio Bermudez, MD Medical Director, Eating Recovery Center, Adolescent Services Denver, Colorado Testimonial by Jenni Schaefer Michelle Minero is all about hope. And her book, Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works, is too. You are sure to be inspired! -Jenni Schaefer Author of Life Without ED and Goodbye Ed, Hello Me.
- Author BiographyMichelle E. Minero is a Licensed Marriage, Family Therapist who has dedicated her work to helping people recover from eating disorders and body hatred. Michelle graduated from the University of San Francisco with a B.A. in psychology in 1976 and a master in counseling in 1988. She created the Quest Program, an intensive outpatient eating disorder program for PsychStrategies Inc. in 2000. She brought the ANAD support group to Petaluma and founded Eating Disorders Recovery Support Inc. in 2005, a Bay Area based 501(c)3 non-profit organization. She has four grown children, one granddaughter, and another granddaughter on the way. She is happily married to Al Minero, enjoys painting and nature, practices yoga and Qigong and lives in Sonoma County, California.
- Author(s)Michelle E Minero Mft
- PublisherPhoenix Century Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhoenix Century Press
- Out-of-print date24/10/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.