All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated, second edition gives an overview of the increasingly important process of self-managed development (SMD) in which individuals take responsibility for, and control of, their own development. The book first looks at the reasons why SMD is growing in popularity and how it fits into the other organisational processes. It then looks at the individual's role: raising self-awareness (using techniques such as skills audits, performance reviews and SWOT), reviewing self-perceptions (to increase awareness of new possibilities) and, finally, action planning (setting objectives and measuring commitment and motivation).As well as being of value to individuals of self-managed Development seeking to develop new skills and capabilities, the Self-managed development Pocketbook will also give HR professionals a clear understanding of SMD and how it fits within their strategic plans.
- Author BiographyFiona Elsa Dent, MA., MSC., Chartered FCIPD, FHEAFiona is an independent management trainer, consultant, coach and author. She spent over 20 years on the faculty at Ashridge Business School and continues to work with them as a leadership coach and tutor on various programmes. She is predominantly interested in helping people to develop their personal skills to be the best they can be. Her particular specialisms are influencing, interpersonal and relationship skills.Her books cover topics such as influencing, people management skills, self-managed development, women in business and coaching and mentoring. She has written two other Pocketbooks: 'Leadership' and 'Working Relationships'; her latest publications are 'The Leader's Guide to Coaching & Mentoring: How to Use Soft Skills to Get Hard Results' (with Mike Brent 2015) and 'How to Thrive and Survive as a Working Woman: The Coach Yourself Toolkit (with Viki Holton 2016).
- Author(s)Fiona Elsa Dent
- PublisherManagement Pocketbooks
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleManagement Pocketbooks
- Place of PublicationAlresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManagement Pocketbooks
- Width148 mm
- Height105 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.