All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition is fully updated with the latest research and information. The book is a vital resource full of practical tips, suggestions, and strategies to build confidence in managing chronic illness and symptoms, such as fatigue, pain, shortness of breath, disability, and depression. It encourages readers to develop individual approaches to setting goals, making decisions, and finding resources and support.
- Author BiographyKate Lorig RN Dr PH, developed and directs the Arthritis Self-Management Patient Education Project at the Stanford University Arthritis Centre. David T. Sobel, M. Ed., is a Senior Faculty in the Education Department and Director of the Center for Place-based Education at Antioch University New England. Prior to 1997, he served as the Chairperson of the department for a dozen years. He was one of the founders of The Harrisville Children's Center and has served on the boards of public and private schools. He was a member of the editorial board of the journal Encounter: Education for Meaning and Social Justice and has served as a correspondent for Orion Magazine. His articles examine the relationship between child development, authentic curriculum and environmental education. He was the winner of a 1991 Education Press Award. In 2007, he was identified as one of the Daring Dozen educators in the United States by Edutopia magazine. His book Nature Preschools and forest Kindergartens will be published by Redleaf Press in autumn, 2015. Virginia Gonzalez, MPH, is a health educator and study coordinator at Stanford University School of Medicine's Patient Education Research Centre.
- Author(s)David Sobel,Diana Laurent,Dr. Kate Lorig,Halsted Holman,Marian Minor,Virginia Gonzalez
- PublisherBull Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBull Publishing Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight906 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.