All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionSebastian Uhlig presents the first experimental investigation of self-organized surface structures (LIPSS) generated by ablation from different (semiconductor and metallic) targets with an ultrafast white-light continuum (WLC) spreading in wavelength from 400-750 nm. The main goal is to study the possibility of LIPSS formation upon irradiation with an incoherent and polychromatic light source (e.g. the WLC) in order to discriminate between the two debated formation scenarios. The generation of a suitable WLC in terms of sufficient white-light pulse energy, broad spectral bandwidth, and low spatial coherence for the LIPSS generation, as well as the characterization of this WLC are additional important objectives of this work.
- Author BiographySebastian Uhlig studied physics at Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg and wrote his Master Thesis at the Chair of Experimental Physics II, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Jurgen Reif. Currently, he is employed at the Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems in Dresden, where he works on integrated sensors for a new class of electrostatic actuators.
- Author(s)Sebastian Uhlig
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleBestMasters
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Spektrum
- Content Note90 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight154 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.