Self-Publishing: The Joy of Self-publishing and Publishing with the Print-on-demand and Digital Print Models of Lightning Source and Others, Selling to Amazon and Other Online Booksellers and Traditional Bookstores by Mike Buchanan (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 8 Feb
- AU $50.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor's te: this book was updated in September 2011 to cover the issue of formatting books into ebook editions and distributing them to major e-readers: Kindle, iPad, Reader, Nook, Kobo...'Times are bad. Children longer obey their parents and everyone is writing a book.' Cicero 106-43 BC Roman orator and statesman Self-publishing can be more rewarding than being published - creatively, financially, and in other respects - if you go about it the right way. You could well be confused, as many self-publishers are, by the multiplicity of options available to you. The good news is that you can w make your books visible and available to book buyers around the world at minimal cost. This book was made available worldwide as a paperback for a one-off payment of just GBP42.00 and as an ebook (Kindle, iPad, Reader, Nook, Kobo...) for a one-off payment of GBP95.00. As a self-publisher, what are your options for new books? Should you choose an offset lithography print run, a digital print run, or maybe print-on-demand (POD)? Hardback or paperback, or other formats? Possibly an ebook too? And, crucially, how will you get your books distributed cost-effectively to buyers around the world? This book will take you through the options and explain their relative advantages and disadvantages. It provides guidance on selecting book topics with strong sales potential; writing distinctively; obtaining a professional critique of your work; writing content-rich n-fiction; writing in a number of genres; choosing between hardback and paperback and other formats; choosing the optimal printing method; book content formatting; book specifications; colour plate section options; distribution; print-on-demand ('POD'); order fulfilment; dealing with Amazon, Lightning Source, Nielsen, and Bowker; printers; copy editors and proofreaders; typesetters; cover designers; photographers; pricing; marketing your books - and a whole lot more besides. Mike Buchanan, a British writer and former business consultant, is the author of six books. He's been published internationally by a major publisher (in English and Chinese editions), and he's self-published. He much prefers self-publishing, for a variety of reasons. In January 2010, at the age of 52, he took early retirement and w writes and self-publishes full-time. He developed the model of 'professional self-publishing' outlined in this book. The model has been designed to help self-publishers enjoy their writing more, increase their output of strong titles, and maximise their profits.
- Author BiographyMike Buchanan (1957- ) is a British author who has written nine books since 2008. The first was published and distributed internationally by Kogan Page, the other books were published and distributed internationally by his own company, LPS publishing (lpspublishing.co.uk). Copies of all the books are available to order from the website, upon request Mike will both sign and dedicate books ordered from the website. Credit cards accepted. Before taking early retirement and starting to write and self-publish full-time in January 2010, Mike Buchanan worked for 25 years at a senior level in the procurement of goods and services for major organisations, including printed materials: this experience provide invaluable material for the book.
- Author(s)Mike Buchanan
- PublisherLPS Publishing
- Date of Publication03/09/2010
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationBedford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLPS Publishing
- Weight389 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.