All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelf-Study for Teacher Educators: Crafting a Pedagogy for Educational Change brings the topic of self-study to the teacher education classroom. Anastasia P. Samaras frames her own self-study with Vygotskian theory. Her stories of her life as the daughter of immigrants raise important issues of race, ethnicity, class, and gender. She applies the insights of her self-study to her own pedagogy; the result is a cutting-edge pedagogy for the preparation of teachers. Samaras' model offers mentoring structures for teaching preservice teachers and a curriculum that prepares them for the realities of the classrooms they will enter. This book provides concrete suggestions for redefining the mentor, especially in the current context of the high attrition rate among new teachers.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Anastasia P. Samaras is Associate Professor of Education and Director of Teacher Education at The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C. Her commitment to teaching spans thirty years and encompasses teaching in junior and senior high schools, preschools, and universities. She is the author of numerous publications of her self-study and interpretation of Vygotskian principles in a teacher education program and the recipient of distinguished service awards for her leadership in education.
- Author(s)Anastasia P. Samaras
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 190
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.