All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSelf Sufficiency for the 21st Century makes it easy to be green and helps you live a more simple, cleaner lifestyle.Self Sufficiency for the 21st Century is a manual for the modern age to help anyone take the proper steps to live more sustainably. This informative, practical guide, written by BBC personalities Dick and James Strawbridge, combines traditional skills and crafts with modern techlogical advances to help you live eco-friendly.Perfect for both urban and rural readers, Self Sufficiency for the 21st Century has detailed illustrations and step-by-step instructions for tried-and-tested projects, including foraging for wild plants, natural remedies, composting, green cleaners, and conserving energy at home. Learn how to can vegetables, garden in urban spaces, and the basics of animal husbandry.Self Sufficiency for the 21st Century is the perfect book to show you just how easy and rewarding green living can be.
- Author BiographyDick Strawbridge, a retired lieutenant colonel and former army engineer, has always been fascinated by how things work. His desire to lead a greener life led him to put his practical and leadership skills to use in converting Newhouse Farm in Cornwall, UK, into an ecologically friendly, but completely modern, place to live. The family's journey to a sustainable, self-sufficient lifestyle was documented in the BBC series It's Not Easy Being Green.James Strawbridge, Dick's son, has inherited his father's enthusiasm for DIY and ecological issues. Co-presenting It's Not Easy Being Green allowed him the opportunity to fully pursue both interests. James continues to work with his father on the green living courses, as well as gardening and engineering projects. He is a regular contributor to magazine and newspaper discussions on green issues.
- Author(s)Dick And James Strawbridge
- PublisherDK Publishing
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDorling Kindersley
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, charts
- Weight1492 g
- Width240 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.