All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Alfred J. Maliwski's book provides a comprehensive resource on self-care for those working in the field of psychotherapy. Beginning with an exploration of the role and duties of the mental health practitioner, Dr. Maliwski describes how the demands of practice can lead therapists to diminished psychological well-being. He explores the impact this can have and, through an examination of the latest research, reiterates the importance of the self-care of the practitioner. He presents a number of self-care techniques and strategies and explains how they can be applied to maintain psychological, spiritual, physical and social well-being. A final section explores the need for additional training for psychotherapists in the area of the hazards and self-care, both in graduate courses for future clinicians and to help experienced therapists continue learning and practicing self-care principles in their daily lives. Highlighting the importance of self-care in the psychotherapy profession, this book will be of immeasurable value to psychotherapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, social workers, and other mental health professionals.
- Author BiographyAlfred J. Malinowski, Ph.D., is a psychotherapist who diagnoses and treats individuals who suffer from mental disorders. His specialty is in treating children and adolescents. He earned a PhD in Psychology from Capella University located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and a Master's Degree in Counseling from Global University in Springfield, Missouri. Recently, he has earned his certification as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP) by the International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP). He works as a consultant at a Mental Health Outpatient Clinic located in Pottstown, Pennsylvania (USA).
- Author(s)Alfred J. Malinowski
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight295 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.