Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionSamuel Smiles' groundbreaking work Self-Help published in 1859 encouraged people to believe that they could do anything that they determined to do. But living in the modern world is sometimes t that easy. Self-Help for the 21st Century updates the concepts revealed in Self-Help making them relevant for our lives today. Aware of the cliche of self-improvement guides Self-Help for the 21st Century avoids doctrine or arbitrary rules. Instead editor Malcolm Good has garnered the opinions of leading figures, particularly Scots or those with a strong Scottish association, from all walks of life. From racing driver Jackie Stewart, artist Calum Colvin and maverick yachtsman Chay Blyth to lawyers, politicians, mathematicians, engineers, historians and philosophers their contributions describe what worked for them and provide their insight. Topics discussed include nature and nurture, ambition, kwledge and values. More than a self-help book Self-Help for the 21st Century offers opinion, social commentary and biography.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Good was born and brought up in Edinburgh. After working in financial services for several years he left to complete a full time Masters of Business Administration at the University of Edinburgh. On leaving university Malcolm worked as a management consultant, mainly abroad, including projects in Malaysia, Spain, Turkey and the United States of America. From the early 2000s he was once again based in Edinburgh, working in financial services and also part-time as an art dealer. In 2007 he left paid employment in order to complete Self-Help for the 21st Century. Contributors to Self-Help for the 21st Century include three times Formula 1 World Champion Jackie Stewart; Entrepreneur Tom Farmer; Businessman George Mathewson; Musician Evelyn Glennie; Historian Tom Devine; Yachtsman Chay Blyth; and former Secretary General of NATO George Robertson.
- Author(s)Malcolm Good
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width138 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.