All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you're 40-plus and feeling burnt out, or 50-plus and approaching retirement, this is the perfect book for you. Find out how to live an exciting and comfortable but cheaper life overseas - on a long term or trial basis. Sell Up, Pack Up and Take Off tells you about people who are living the dream in Asia and Europe, making their dollar go further - with better houses, a better social life, more luxury and more adventure. And you can do it too. In this book you'll discover the pros and cons of the great countries you can live in at a quarter of the cost of Australia; the tricks of buying or renting a house; how to get a visa; and how to manage your health insurance, pension, super and tax. Now that 60 is the new 40, it's time to get positive and go for it. A better life is yours for the taking.
- Author BiographyAfter more than 20 years in financial journalism, Stephen Wyatt and Colleen Ryan now live near Byron Bay, where they have planted a rainforest, surf, write and run www.planet-boomer.com...Married with two adult kids, they have packed up and taken off overseas to live several times - in Papua New Guinea, London, Washington DC and, most recently, in Shanghai, where they were the joint China correspondents for the Australian Financial Review from 2004 to 2010...Both are economists with majors in accounting: Colleen worked as a tax accountant for an international accounting firm in her early career and was later editor of the Australian Financial Review; Stephen was a banker with Merrill Lynch for 15 years, before turning to journalism. Stephen and Colleen believe their experiences living abroad have enriched both their own lives and those of their children. They are passionate about the benefits of selling up, packing up and taking off at various stages of life, especially retirement...
- Author(s)Colleen Ryan,Stephen Wyatt
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight363 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.66Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $20.79
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.