All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDouglas Bullis goes beyond the usual superficial accounts found in the usual import/export books and provides something truly unique: an in-depth analysis of what India needs from the rest of the world, t what the world can get out of India. What most businesspeople don't kw, and what is crucial if they are to succeed in their transactions with India, is what India needs from them-and t always is this mere capital. Bullis describes the rise of India's middle class and consumer ecomy since 1991, and provides readers with what very few outsiders kw: how India really works. The result is an essential resource for corporate management in marketing, sales, strategic planning and investment, and important collateral reading for students and teachers of international business. Bullis argues that India has long been misunderstood by the West. Now, as the business climate goes global, India looms as the largest country in the world to embrace the market ecomy. As India emerges as a mass consumer market and a major low-cost manufacturing center, t only the Indian ecomy, but the world ecomy is likely to be changed. If overseas businesspeople are to enter India and compete successfully, they need a clear, broad, up-to-the-minute and useful view of the country, its markets, its resources, and its people. In this book, Bullis provides just that.
- Author BiographyDOUGLAS BULLIS is a writer, editor, and currently owner of Atelier Books, a full-service book production firm serving international publishers with interests in the Southeast Asian market./e Bullis has written and published more than 200 articles on topics ranging from art and cultural history to business, country investment, and technology transfer. He also is author of Selling to India's Consumer Market (Quorum, 1997).
- Author(s)Douglas Bullis
- Date of Publication09/12/1997
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight625 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.