All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSemiparametric regression is concerned with the flexible incorporation of n-linear functional relationships in regression analyses. Any application area that benefits from regression analysis can also benefit from semiparametric regression. Assuming only a basic familiarity with ordinary parametric regression, this user-friendly book explains the techniques and benefits of semiparametric regression in a concise and modular fashion. The authors make liberal use of graphics and examples plus case studies taken from environmental, financial, and other applications. They include practical advice on implementation and pointers to relevant software. The 2003 book is suitable as a textbook for students with little background in regression as well as a reference book for statistically oriented scientists such as biostatisticians, ecometricians, quantitative social scientists, epidemiologists, with a good working kwledge of regression and the desire to begin using more flexible semiparametric models. Even experts on semiparametric regression should find something new here.
- Author(s)David Ruppert,M. P. Wand,Raymond J. Carroll
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2003
- Series TitleCambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note82 b/w illus.
- Weight700 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Series Edited byR. Gill,Brian D. Ripley,S. Ross,B.W. Silverman,M. Stein
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.