All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Ruso rejoins his unit in the remote outpost of the Roman Empire kwn as Britannia, he finds that all is t well with the Twentieth Legion. As they keep a suspicious eye on the barbarians to the rth, the legionaries appear to have found trouble even closer to home-among the native recruits to Britannia's imperial army. A young soldier has jumped off a roof, killing himself. Why? Mysterious injuries, and even deaths, begin to pile up in Ruso's medical ledgers, and it soon becomes clear that this suicide is t an isolated incident. Can the men really be under a curse? And what has this to do with the much-decorated Centurion Geminus? Bound by his sense of duty and compelled by his ill-advised curiosity, Ruso begins to ask questions body wants to hear. Meanwhile his barbarian wife, Tilla, starts to find out some of the answers-and is marked as a security risk by the very officers Ruso is interrogating. With Hadrian's visit looming large, the fates of the legion, Tilla, and Ruso himself hang in the balance.
- Author BiographyRuth Downie is the author of the New York Times bestselling Medicus, as well as Terra Incognita, Persona Non Grata, Caveat Emptor, and Tabula Rasa. She is married with two sons and lives in Devon, England.
- Author(s)Ruth Downie
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Medicus Series
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Content Notemaps
- Weight333 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.