All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSenegal will transport you deep into the country s rich, multifaceted cuisine. You ll feel the sun at your back and the cool breeze off the Atlantic, hear the sizzle of freshly caught fish hitting the grill, and bask in the tropical palm forests of Casamance. Inspired by the depth of Senegalese cooking and the many people he s met on his culinary journey, these recipes are Pierre Thiam s own creative, modern takes on the traditional. Learn to cook the vibrant, diverse food of Senegal, such as soulful stews full of meat falling off the bone; healthy ancient grains and dark leafy greens with superfood properties; fresh seafood grilled over open flame, served with salsas singing of bright citrus and fiery peppers; and lots of fresh vegetables and salads bursting with West African flavors. Pierre s first book, Yolele!, introduced Senegalese food to the world, and w Senegal takes a deeper dive, showcasing the ingredients and techniques elemental to Senegalese cooking, the food producers at the heart of its survival, and the unique cultural and historical context it exists in. You ll meet local farmers, fishermen, humble food producers, and home cooks each with stories to tell and recipes to share and savor. You won t just be learning to make a few dishes, you ll learn about the Senegalese people, the stories of their past, and importantly, the issues they face today and tomorrow. This is the food of Senegal, from the source to the bowl.
- Author BiographyChef, restaurateur, and cookbook author, Pierre Thiam was raised in Dakar, Senegal, a bustling and culturally diverse metropolis on the west coast of Africa. He opened two restaurants in Brooklyn, NY, Yolele and Le Grand Dakar, both visionary African bistros that became culinary and cultural centers for Africans from the continent and the diaspora. He is the author of Yolele, the first Senegalese cookbook published in the English language. He currently owns Pierre Thiam Catering, which introduces a diverse, savvy New York clientele to contemporary interpretations of ethnic flavors; he also serves as consulting chef for a number of restaurants in the City and beyond.
- Author(s)Jennifer Sit,Pierre Thiam
- PublisherLake Isle Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Isle Press
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Photographer(s)Evan Sung
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.