All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a collection of essays that presents both theory- and practice-based approaches to questions concerning the embodiment of sense. Exploring the opening of meaning in sensible configurations, the texts also address the medial structures - at once aesthetic, bodily and technical - that condition our access to whatever makes sense to us. The texts show in various ways how these phemena call for trans-disciplinary research, and how theoretical or philosophical questioning gains from the experimental possibilities of artistic research.
- Author BiographyMika Elo is the head of the Media Aesthetics Research Group at Aalto University, Helsinki and Associate Professor in Media Aesthetics at University of Lapland, Rovaniemi. He also works as curator and visual artist. His work focuses on artistic research, photography and media theory. Miika Luoto is Lecturer of Philosophy and Performance Theory at Theatre Academy, University of Arts, Helsinki and associate researcher in the Media Aesthetics Research Group at Aalto University, Helsinki. His research work focuses on phenomenological and post-phenomenological thought.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleArt - Knowledge - Theory
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight310 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMiika Luoto,Mika Elo
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.