All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAesthetic sensibility rests on perceptual experience and characterizes t only our experience of the arts but our experience of the world. Sensibility and Sense offers a philosophically comprehensive account of humans' social and cultural embeddedness encountered, recognized, and fulfilled as an aesthetic mode of experience. Extending the range of aesthetic experience from the stone of the earth's surface to the celestial sphere, the book focuses on the aesthetic as a dimension of social experience. The guiding idea of pervasive interconnectedness, both social and environmental, leads to an aesthetic critique of the urban environment, the environment of daily life, and of terrorism, and has profound implications for grounding social and political values. The aesthetic emerges as a powerful critical tool for appraising urban culture and political practice. Arld Berleant is Professor Emeritus of philosophy at Long Island University and Past President of the International Association of Aesthetics.
- Author BiographyArnold Berleant is Professor Emeritus of philosophy at Long Island University and Past President of the International Association of Aesthetics.
- Author(s)Arnold Berleant
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- Series TitleSt Andrews Studies in Philosophy and Public Affairs
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight352 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.