All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding sensory issues can be the key to overcoming them. Using this practical guide, individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) can begin to understand their sensory difficulties and learn how to create a tailored plan for overcoming specific everyday challenges. Learn how the senses work and how sensory systems can function differently for people with ASD, leading to sensory perceptual issues. What are the difficulties that can arise at work, college, home, or in public or cyber spaces? Practical strategies and creating a unique 'sensory plan', based on frequently encountered environments and situations, will help any adult with ASD to overcome these sensory difficulties.
- Author BiographyDiarmuid Heffernan is an ASD consultant who provides services including support and advocacy for people with ASD. Diarmuid also lectures at University College Cork, where he helped create the course for the Diploma in Disability Studies and the Certificate and forthcoming Diploma in Autism Spectrum Studies. He lives just outside Cork in the Republic of Ireland.
- Author(s)Diarmuid Heffernan
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/02/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteno
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byLuke Beardon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.