All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany children and teens suffer from sensory challenges, meaning that they have unusual reactions to certain sensory experiences that most of us find commonplace. These challenges can range from moderate to severe-from an aversion to bright lights or the feel of anything remotely abrasive, to stopping short in panic every time a loud ise or siren is heard, or having an oral tactile sensitivity that prevents rmal feeling in the mouth and hinders feeding. Accompanying these sensory issues-the full-blown version of which is called sensory processing disorder (SPD)-can be a range of behavioral problems like OCD and anxiety, and more severely, Asperger's and autism. This book equips clinicians with all the information they need to kw to accurately identify sensory sensitivities in their child clients: how to pay attention to sensory issues and recognize when a client is struggling; how these issues factor into the behavioral problems at hand; and how best to partner with the right professionals to help kids at home and in school.
- Author BiographyLindsey Biel, MA, OTR/L, a pediatric occupational therapist in private practice, lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Lindsey Biel
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width162 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.