All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPratap Narayan rises out of where to become an unprecedented success in the world of art. He is the most sought-after Indian painter on the international circuit. So sound is his standing that, even when the art market virtually collapses in 2008, Pratap's position remains unassailable. A fellow artist from his early days, Baldev Sharma of Bareilly, narrates Pratap Narayan's escapades - his time as a struggling artist, his complex and controversial relationships with women, and his unmatched ability to network. Seppuku unfolds against the fascinating backdrop of the art world with its whimsical art collectors, businesssavvy gallery owners, wannabe art party crashers, camera-hungry socialites and cynical critics. The first vel in a trilogy from the pen of a seasoned art critic, this is a heady mix of scandal and glamour. A wild portrait of a community that is drunk on its own excesses.
- Author BiographyVinod Bhardwaj is an art and film critic and writer. He has published two collections of poetry (Jalta Makan and Hoshiarpur), one short-story collection (Chiteri), and more than ten books on art and cinema. He has also compiled and published an acclaimed encyclopaedia of modern art in Hindi. This is his first novel in a trilogy. The second novel, Sachcha Jhooth (Truthful Lies) has already been published earlier this year. Brij Sharma has worked with The Times of India and Khaleej Times of Dubai and has been Editor of The Indian Express in Gujarat. He has also translated into English Vinod Bhardwaj's Hindi monographs on artist Paramjit Singh and sculptor Ramesh Bisht and translated and contributed to the Dhoomimal Art Gallery book on F. N. Souza edited by him.
- Author(s)Vinod Bhardwaj
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarperCollins India
- Weight114 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.