All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo young people travelling through Italy are caught in the rain and hitch a lift with chilling consequences. After this thing will ever be the same again. Richard and Mary have been together throughout University, and the trip to Italy had been planned long ago. But before they set out Richard had a brief affair with Alice, and his confusion and Mary's suspicions have started to change everything; they make a series of small choices which ultimately lead to disaster. In delicately powerful prose Peter Robinson carefully, painfully, and tenderly depicts the relationships before and after the brief and traumatic event at the heart of the vel. September in the Rain is a book about the responsibilities of love; about accidents and decisions; about unforeseen and dreadful consequences.
- Author BiographyPeter Robinson was born in 1953 in the north west of England and holds degrees from York and Cambridge. After spending eighteen years as a visiting lecturer in Japan, he returned to Britain to take up a professorship in English and American literature at the University of Reading. The author of aphorisms, short stories, memoirs and literary criticism, as well as numerous collections of poetry and translations, he has been awarded the Cheltenham Prize, the John Florio Prize and two Poetry Book Society Recommendations. All through the years Peter Robinson was publishing and developing a reputation as 'the finest poet of his generation' (PN Review) and 'a major English poet' (Poetry Review), he was also working when time and inspiration allowed on a collection of short stories and a novel. Foreigners, Drunks and Babies, the first of these, was described in The London Magazine as 'an impressive body of work which deserves to gain a wider readership' on its appearance in 2013. September in the Rain, his carefully structured and evocatively written first novel, is a vivid narrative of young love in difficulties, its choices and dilemmas, responsibilities and distances, the consequences of guilty feelings and violent transformations.
- Author(s)Peter Robinson
- PublisherHolland House
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNewbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHolland House
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.66Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.