All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionComputers have revolutionized the analysis of sequencing data. It is unlikely that any sequencing projects have been performed in the last few years without the aid of computers. Recently their role has taken a further major step forward. Computers have become smaller and more powerful and the software has become simpler to use as it has grown in sophistication. This book reflects that change since the majority of packages described here are designed to be used on desktop computers. Computer software is w available that can run gels, collect data, and assess its accuracy. It can assemble, align, or compare multiple fragments, perform restriction analyses, identify coding regions and specific motifs, and even design the primers needed to extend the sequencing. Much of this soft- ware may w be used on relatively inexpensive computers. It is w possible to progress from isolate d DNA to database submission without writing a single base down. To reflect this progression, the chapters in our Sequence Data Analysis Guidebook are arranged, t by software package, but by fimction. The early chapters deal with examining the data produced by modem automated sequenc- ers, assessing its quality, and removing extraneous data. The following chap- ters describe the process of aligning multiple sequences in order to assemble overlapping fragments into sequence contigs to compare similar sequences from different sources. Subsequent chapters describe procedures for compar- ing the newly derived sequence to the massive amounts of information in the sequence databases.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/08/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight493 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySimon R. Swindell
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.