About this product
- DescriptionStanding tall above the tree line, Sequoia stretches his ancient arms and gathers clouds to him. He watches as days, seasons, years pass by. His branches are home to owls and choirs of frogs. Beneath his broad capy, a world grows.This is his story. Through controlled verse and luscious illustration, Tony Johnston and Wendell Mir do justice to the ermous figure of the sequoia tree. A Neal Porter Book
- Author BiographyTony Johnston has written many award-winning books for young readers, including Bone By Bone By Bone (Roaring Brook Press). Since her youth she has been devoted to nature. Mrs. Johnston has a ranch in California, where evenings she sits on the porch and gathers sunsets to her.Wendell Minor is the illustrator of over fifty children's books including The Last Train (Roaring Brook Press, 2010). His interest in nature and the environment has taken him from the east coast to the west coast and everywhere in between, most recently the majestic sequoias in this book.
- Author(s)Tony Johnston
- PublisherRoaring Brook Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Brook Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight454 g
- Width257 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wendell Minor
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.