All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionTHERE IS NO better way to introduce children to classical music than with Prokofiev s musical fairy tale of the little boy (played by all the strings of the orchestra) who, with the help of a bird (played by the flute), outsmarted the big, bad wolf (played by the French horns). And w with this book and CD package, children can look and listen all at the same time. A new retelling by Janet Schulman follows the basic story, but with a kinder ending for both the big bad wolf and the argumentative duck. Peter Malone s paintings have the lumius quality of old Russian masters. The CD, with music performed by the Cincinnati Pops and word-for-word narration by Peter A. Thomas, was made exclusively for this book and CD package.
- Author BiographySergei Prokofiev, one of the greatest composers of the 20th century, was born in 1891 in the Ukraine and died in 1953 in Moscow. He composed Peter and the Wolf in 1936. Peter Malone has illustrated many distinguished picture books, including Brother Sun, Sister Moon: The Life and Stories of St. Francis, The World of King Arthur and His Court, and Magic Flute. Peter Malone lives in Bath, England.
- Author(s)Sergei Prokofiev
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width260 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.