Serial Killers and Child Abductions: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Crime of the Committee on the Judiciary, House of Representatives, One Hundred Fourth Congress, First Session, September 14, 1995 (Classic Reprint) by United States Congress House C Crime (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Serial Killers and Child Abductions: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Crime of the Committee on the Judiciary, House of Representatives, One Hundred Fourth Congress, First Session, September 14, 1995 House of Representatives, Subcommittee on Crime, Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, DC. The subcommittee met, pursuant to tice, at1:45 p.m., in room 2226, Rayburn House Office Building, Hon. Bill McCollum (chairman of the subcommittee) presiding. Present: Representatives Bill McCollum, Howard Coble, Fred Heineman, Ed Bryant of Tennessee, Steve Chabot, Bob Barr, Charles E. Schumer, and Robert C. Scott. Also present: Paul J. McNulty, chief counsel; Glenn R. Schmitt, counsel; Daniel J.Bryant, assistant counsel; Aerin D. Dunkle, research assistant; Audray L.Clement, secretary; and Tom Diaz, mirity counsel. Mr. McCollum. This hearing of the Subcommittee on Crime will come to order. I am pleased to call this hearing to order today because we are going to examine a matter that is as heart-wrenching and emotionally trying as any topic that was ever discussed. Todays hearing concerns the problems of child abduction and serial killing and Federal efforts in response to these horrific crimes. The hearing is also an oversight hearing of the Morgan P.Hardiman Task Force on Missing and Exploited Children and of the newly created Child Abduction and Serial Killer Unit, which is part of the FBI's Critical Incident Response Group. I have to spell out almost all of those words, there are so many, they are a mouthful, but I can assure you every word in those titles are important. There is greater fear, I don't think, facing a parent than that of learning their child is missing. Events over the last 15 years indicate that there is a growing reason for having this fear. Estimates of child abduction crimes indicate that the crime is steadily rising. In 1994, there were 954, 896 missing persons reported in this country; up to 90 percent of these reports involved children. This phemen is of particular concern since a recent government estimate indicates that my home State of Florida ranks second in the Nation in the number of nfamily abductions. Unfortunately, children are a topic of great concern and those who go about taking these type of actions target them first and foremost. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)United States Congress House C Crime
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.