All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an in-depth, scholarly examination of serial murderers and their victims. Supported by extensive data and research, the book profiles some of the most prominent murderers of our time, addressing the highest-profile serial killer type--the sexual predator--as well as a wide variety of other types (male, female, team, healthcare, and serial killers from outside the U.S.). Author Eric Hickey examines the lives of over 400 serial murderers, analyzing the cultural, historical, and religious factors that influence our myths and stereotypes of these individuals. He describes the biological, psychological, and sociological reasons for serial murder and discusses profiling and other law enforcement issues related to the apprehension and disposition of serial killers.
- Author BiographyEric W. Hickey teaches criminal psychology at California State University, Fresno. Dr. Hickey has appeared on National Public Radio, Larry King Live, 20/20, Good Morning America, Court TV, A&E, and Discovery and Learning Channel documentaries to discuss his research on sexual predators, murderers, and serial killers. He also has served as a consultant to the UNABOMB Task Force and the American Prosecutors' Research Institute, and testifies as an expert witness in both criminal and civil cases. He conducts seminars for agencies involving profiling and investigating sex crimes, arson, robbery, homicide, stalking, workplace violence, and terrorism.
- Author(s)Eric W. Hickey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.