All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWaterpower is the largest source of renewable energy in the world today, and microhydro is a mature, proven techlogy that can provide clean, inexpensive, renewable energy with little or impact on the environment. Serious Microhydro brings you dozens of firsthand stories of energy independence covering a complete range of systems, from household pressure sites to higher pressure installations capable of powering a farm, business, or small neighborhood. Topics include: * Low head and medium head sites * AC-only systems as well as ones using a battery/inverter subsystem * Stand alone power supply or grid intertie setups * Hybrid systems (combined with photovoltaics or wind) With all the variables involved in microhydro, there is typical system. These case studies represent the most comprehensive collection of kwledge and experience available for tailoring an installation to meet the needs of a site and its owner or operators. If you are considering building a system, you are bound to find a wealth of creative solutions appropriate to your own circumstances. Serious Microhydro shows how scores of people are achieving a high standard of living from local energy sources with a minimal ecological footprint. It has particular appeal to homeowners, teachers, renewable energy professionals, activists, and decision makers who want to understand the techlogy from a hands-on perspective. Scott Davis is an award-winning renewable energy project developer with decades of experience operating, installing, designing, selling, and teaching microhydro techlogy. He is a founder and president of Friends of Renewable Energy BC, and the author of Microhydro: Clean Power From Water.
- Author BiographyScott Davis is an award-winning renewable energy project developer with decades of experience operating, installing, designing, selling and teaching about microhydro technology. He is the founder and president of Yalakom Appropriate Technology, and the author of Microhydro: Clean Air From Water. Scott lives in Victoria, British Columbia.
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content Note400 B&W illustrations and photographs
- Weight685 g
- Width190 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byScott Davis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.