Serious Training for Endurance Athletes by Rob Sleamaker, Ray Browning (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSERIOUS Training for Endurance Athletes provides the tools to create training programs and workouts that will pay off in competition. Endurance athletes, coaches, and multisport fitness buffs will learn how to design, schedule, execute, and monitor training programs for top results.Rob Sleamaker joins with Ray Browning, seven-time Ironman Triathlon winner, to produce a much improved version of the highly popular earlier edition. You'll learn to: - set up and manage your personalized training schedule;- use the S-E-R-I-O-U-S system of training--Speed, Endurance, Race-pace, Intervals, Overdistance, Up-hill Intervals, Strength;- add variety to your workouts;- develop a winning nutritional program;- prepare mentally for races; and - stay motivated to train and win.The authors share their expertise in a fun and informative way, drawing from their own experiences as champions. Plus, the book features the latest training advice for running, cycling, mountain biking, swimming, rowing, cross-country skiing, cross training, duathlons, and triathlons. SERIOUS Training for Endurance Athletes is your guide to high-level fitness and performance.
- Author BiographyRob Sleamaker has trained and coached endurance athletes for almost 20 years. He earned his MS in exercise physiology from the University of Arizona in 1982. From 1983 to 1986, Rob was director of sports medicine for the U.S. Biathlon Team. He has also worked with the U.S. Cross Country Ski Team. Since 1986 Rob has operated SportsAdvantage, which provides personalized sport and fitness training systems to individuals, as well as computer software for the sports and fitness industry. He owns VASA, Inc., a company he started in 1988 that makes the VASA trainer and a swim ergometer used by internationally by leading swimmers, triathletes, surfers, and other athletes. Rob also writes frequently for major sports and fitness magazines on training for endurance sports.Ray Browning is a seven-time Ironman Triathlon winner and the 1993 World Champion in the Mountain Man Winter Triathlon. Ray also holds an MS in kinesiology from UCLA. One of the foremost experts on cross training, he regularly speaks to groups about the benefits and process of cross training for fitness and sport conditioning. Since 1988 Ray has used the SERIOUS training system to prepare for professional competitions. In 1993 he became a national-level cross-country skier. Browning is also a contributing editor for Inside Triathlon magazine.
- Author(s)Ray Browning,Rob Sleamaker
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/1996
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 51 black & white halftones
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.46Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.