Servant Governing: The Four Cornerstones of the Framework for Excellence in Government by Ed Dean (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA change in governing culture is vitally necessary in order to transform the manner in which many government organizations operate. Businesses either change the way they do business or they go out of business when current challenges are t being met. However, government is perpetual which makes it more difficult to change in order to attain performance excellence as compared to its business counterparts. The main premise of this book is that government organizations can achieve performance excellence through the adoption of the proven principles set forth in this writing. It is time to adopt and implement a new leadership and management framework within the government which serves us all. The adoption and implementation of the Servant Governing Framework will ultimately lead to higher performance results for the government organization. Servant Governing stimulates creativity, mission focus, performance results and job satisfaction within organizations. Servant Governing is premised upon the belief that achievement of performance excellence in service to the citizens served by the government organization is t only desirable, but necessary. Servant Governing is premised upon four central cornerstones: People, Principles, Priorities and Performance. Each of the Four Cornerstones of the Servant Governing Framework is equally important in creating a people-focused, high performance, value-centered, problem-solving government organization. This book presents an examination of the interdependent nature of the various leadership and management components of the Servant Governing Framework with an eye toward giving the reader insight as to how a government organizational culture can be transformed; and, what is needed to transform it.
- Author BiographyEd Dean served for fourteen years as the elected Sheriff of Marion County, Florida. Mr. Dean was appointed as Sheriff in 1998 by the late Governor Lawton Chiles. He was then successfully elected as Sheriff in 2000, 2004, 2008 and served until January, 2013. The Marion County Sheriff's office received the coveted Florida Governor's Sterling Award in 2008 for Performance Excellence and was recognized again in 2011 for Sustained Excellence. Ed Dean earned a B. A. degree from Michigan State University (with honors) in 1967 and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida College of Law (with honors) in 1970. He also graduated from the F.B.I. Law Enforcement Executive Program at the F.B.I. Academy in 2000, from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Executive Program in 2001, and received an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from St. Leo University in 2009. Mr. Dean completed Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government's program, Driving Government Performance: Leadership Strategies that Produce Results in 2012. Mr. Dean is active in community affairs and has previous experience in law and in forming, leading and managing private and public sector enterprises. Earlier in his career, he served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Florida College of Law. Ed Dean is the author of four other books, including Luctor et Emergo (ISBN-10:1452855844) and Angel in Disguise, (ISBN-13:978-1460904602), which are biographies of his deaf parents and their amazing story of the challenges they faced in life and how they overcame them. He is also the co-author of Inspiration for Fifty Years, which is a history of Townley Engineering and Manufacturing Co., Inc. and the story of overcoming hardship through the faith of founders, J. O. Jake and Helen Townley. Servant Governing is a companion book to The Servant Organization, ISBN-13:978-1492988106, also by Mr. Dean. Each of these books is available through both www.Amazon.com and www.Kindle.Amazon.com.
- Author(s)Ed Dean
- Date of Publication21/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.