Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIt is becoming increasingly important for telecom operators to be able to provide service delivery platforms (SDP) quickly and efficiently in order to improve the time-to-revenue of value-added services. Presenting a rapid architecture solution to meet this challenge, Service Delivery Platforms: Developing and Deploying Converged Multimedia Services supplies a comprehensive overview of the technical aspects of service and content delivery platforms. Leading experts walk you through the entire user experience-including requirements for the user terminal, SDP, networks, and support systems. You'll start by examining content and media in modern networks. Evaluating basic functions and feasibility, you'll learn the fundamental requirements of service delivery platforms and various types of applications and formats. You'll also cover various delivery mechanisms including SRP, WAP, messaging, streaming, and broadcast. The book also: Introduces the Unified Service Model (USM), a holistic approach to creating effective designs for a range of services Proposes a self-adaptive service provisioning middleware framework (ASPF) that enables seamless omnipresent service provisioning to mobile users Presents a general policy framework for web services, including policy generation, enforcement, publication, negotiation, and evolution Unveils an SOA-based enterprise application integration platform composed of a basic integration platform, a supported platform, administration tool, and development tools From basic concepts to research grade material, this complete reference considers enabling techlogies, security issues, DRM, and the evolving role of SDPs. It includes a comparative study of mobile data service development in the United States, China, and South Korea. Addressing roaming access, billing, standardization, and industry initiatives, it provides the broad-based understanding you need to effectively develop and deploy converged multimedia services.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors: Syed Ahson is a Senior Staff Software Engineer with Future Technologies and Solutions, Motorola Inc. As part of the Data Applications group, Syed focuses on Internet Browser, Messaging (MMS, SMS) and Over-the-Air programming (including data synchronization) for cellular phones. Syed has extensive experience of Wireless Data Protocols (WAP 2.0 MMS, Wireless Email, Wireless Profiled TCP, Wireless Profiled HTTP) and Voice over IP Protocols (H.323, RTSP, RTP). Prior to joining Motorola, Inc, Syed was a software developer with NetSpeak Corporation (now part of Net2Phone), a leading provider of Voice over IP solutions. Syed is a co-author of Smartphones, an International Engineering Consortium (IEC) Research Report. Syed is a co-editor of the Handbook of Wireless Local Area Networks: Applications, Technology, Security, and Standards, (CRC Press). Syed has published several research articles and taught computer engineering courses as adjunct faculty at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, USA. Syed received his MS degree in Computer Engineering in July 1998 at Florida Atlantic University. He received his B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Aligarh Muslim University, India, in 1995. Dr. Mohammad Ilyas received his B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan, in 1976. From March 1977 to September 1978, he worked for the Water and Power Development Authority, Pakistan. In 1978, he was awarded a scholarship for his graduate studies and he completed his MS degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in June 1980 at Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran. In September 1980, he joined the doctoral program at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. He completed his Ph.D. degree in 1983. His doctoral research was about switching and flow control techniques in computer communication networks. Since September 1983, he has been with the College of Engineering and Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida, where he is currently Associate Dean for Research and Industry relations. From 1994 to 2000, he was Chair of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. From July 2004 to September 2005, he served as Interim Associate Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies. During 1993-94 academic year, he was on his sabbatical leave with the Department of Computer Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Dr. Ilyas has conducted successful research in various areas including traffic management and congestion control in broadband / high-speed communication networks, traffic characterization, wireless communication networks, performance modeling, and simulation. He has published one book, eight handbooks, and over 150 research articles. He has supervised 10 PhD dissertations and more than 37 MS theses to completion. He has been a consultant to several national and international organizations. Dr. Ilyas is an active participant in several IEEE Technical committees and activities. Dr. Ilyas is a senior member of IEEE and a member of ASEE.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note154 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMohammad Ilyas,Syed A. Ahson
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.