Service Orient or Be Doomed!: How Service Orientation Will Change Your Business by Jason Bloomberg, Ronald Schmelzer (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow Service Orientation Will Change Your Business The real value of this book is that it makes SOA and Web services, which are critical and business-transforming, crystal-clear to the layman, both business and IT leaders. The book stays focused on the real-world issues facing business and government institutions today. In an industry full of experts of many stripes, Ron and Jason are the real thing: savvy, experienced, and realistic. They have produced a must-read book for management. -Paul Lipton, Senior Architect, Unicenter Web Services and Application Management Computer Associates This is by far the finest publication on SOA of our time. From cover to back, Service Orient or Be Doomed! strips away the layers of confusion most IT stakeholders face when confronted with enterprise architecture, and illustrates pragmatic and practical paths towards a sustainable and efficient enterprise architecture. Both the technically savvy and the bean counters will enjoy this book that speaks to the critical points they need to understand. -Duane A. Nickull Senior Standards Strategist, Adobe Systems, Inc. Chair, OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee Vice chair, United Nations CEFACT (UN/CEFACT) If you're looking for a guide that's based on reality, this is it. These guys kw how you can service-orient your enterprise and have the best chance of success. This book is the best SOA tool you can buy. I'm recommending it to everyone. -Dave Linthicum, CEO, BRIDGEWERX Jason and Ron are experts on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and have written the first book that is aimed at helping a ntechnical businessperson understand why the SOA computing revolution is critical to business. Rather than provide a nerdy death via buzzword book, Jason and Ron take a humorous, clever, and insightful romp through this new techlogy and how it impacts business in general. -Brad Feld, Mobius Venture Capital Authors Jason Bloomberg and Ronald Schmelzer-senior analysts for highly respected IT advisory and analysis firm ZapThink-say it all in the title of their new book, Service Orient or Be Doomed!: How Service Orientation Will Change Your Business. That is, if you fail to service orient your company, you will fail in competing with the organizations that do. This provocative new book takes service orientation out of its more familiar techlogical surroundings within service-oriented architecture and introduces it as a philosophy that advocates its rightful place within a business context, redefining it as a new way of thinking about organizing your business and its processes. Informal, challenging, and intelligent in style, Service Orient or Be Doomed!: How Service Orientation Will Change Your Business shows you how you can best use techlogy resources to meet your company's business goals and empower your company to go from stuck to competitive.
- Author BiographyJason Bloomberg (Uxbridge, MA), ZapThink senior analyst, has a diverse background in eBusiness technology management and industry analysis, including serving as a senior analyst in IDC's eBusiness Advisory group, as well as holding eBusiness management positions at USWeb/CKS (later marchFIRST) and WaveBend Solutions (now Hitachi Consulting). He has a bachelor's degree in physics from Pomona College, and Masters degrees in mathematics and history & philosophy of science from the University of Pittsburgh. Ronald Schmelzer (Waltham, MA), ZapThink senior analyst and founder, is a well-known expert in the field of XML and XML-based standards and initiatives. He has been featured in and written for periodicals, and has spoken at numerous industry conferences including XML One, Comdex, and Internet World on the topic of XML. Schmelzer has served as the chair of the RosettaNet Cluster 1 Workgroup, working group member of CPExchange, member of the UDDI advisory group, and was a member of the CompTIA Electronic Commerce Standards Board (ECSB). He was named Geek of the Week in Internet Magazine and was listed in Boston Magazine's Internet Top 40. Schmelzer received a B.S. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Author(s)Jason Bloomberg,Ronald Schmelzer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.