Services for UMTS: Creating Killer Applications in 3G by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionUMTS is t about Techlogy, it is about Services...The UMTS or 3G environment is the ultimate convergence of fixed and mobile, voice and data, content and delivery. The result will be the largest and most complex communications system that man has designed. If you want a challenge then this is the industry to be in. Services for UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunication System) or 3G (3rd Generation mobile networks) is a book about the near future, where UMTS allows mobile phones and other devices for communication, entertainment, personalised services, utility and fun to be used in new ways. While it is difficult to predict the potential of UMTS in the future in a precise way, broad categories and general service ideas are emerging. This book looks at over 200 of these possible applications and provides more detailed scenarios for over 100 of them. It explores these ideas in depth, with suggestions on how to create exciting and viable services for a new world. This book intends to answer many of the current UMTS service questions as well as introduce new ideas and concepts to enable operators to create a winning UMTS services strategy. aeo What should the focus of service creation be to ensure early time to profit in UMTS? aeo What are the key market segments that should be addressed with UMTS services? aeo Is there a killer application or applications that will revolutionise the industry? aeo What are the differentiating factors that will separate the leaders from the UMTS pack? aeo 15 aspects of the business analyzed by value chains and business models aeo The 5 Ma s of successful UMTS Service Definition Written for the n--technical reader and with a strong business focus, Services for UMTS is a must--read for anybody wanting to enter the UMTS environment, make money in it, or to understand it.
- Author BiographyTomi is an independent consultant on 3G strategy. Previously he set up and headed Nokiaa s Global 3G Business Consultancy department. Earlier he worked for three operators/carriers in Finland and New York, creating the worlda s first fixed--mobile service bundle, and setting a world record for challenger operator market share, as well as participating in telecoms standardization. He started work as a controller on Wall Street. Tomi holds an MBA from St Johna s University New York. Joe has been in the telecommunications industry since 1979 when he joined BT. He has worked in the mobile telecommunications arena since 1985 where he worked in the emerging European mobile phone market. He has been with Nokia for over 10 years holding various positions in sales, marketing and strategic areas for the mobile infrastructure business. He started his career in the Royal Navy as a radio engineer and now lives in Finland with his family.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2002
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Notediagrams, tables, illustrations, glossary, bibliography
- Weight754 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJoe Barrett,Tomi T. Ahonen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.