All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSetting standards of performance is a ubiquitous task in education licensure, certification, and credentialling. It is found in elementary schooling, the professions, commercial applications, and governmental and private organizations. It is one of the most complex, controversial, and vexing issues facing specialists and policy makers today. This second edition solidifies Setting Performance Standards as the only book providing a comprehensive profile of both the issues and the how-to methods that define this thorny field. Four chapters have been removed; 11 chapters have been added; 2 chapters have major revisions; and all chapters have been updated. Comprehensive - Part I provides a conceptual overview of standard setting and its overarching issues; Part II provides practical (how-to) information on the newest standard setting methods; Part III provides information and advice on persistent and potential challenges in standard setting. Practical - Part II (the heart of the book) reviews 16 of the newest standard setting methods, far more than any other book. Expertise - Most of the well-kwn authors from the 1st edition return, with authors of equal stature contributing new chapters.
- Author BiographyGregory J. Cizek (PhD Michigan State University) is Professor of Educational Measurement and Evaluation at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he teaches courses in applied testing, statistics, and research methods. The author or editor of numerous books, he is the President-Elect of the National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note71 black & white tables
- Weight1247 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byGregory J. Cizek
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.