Setting the Desert on Fire: T.E. Lawrence and Britain's Secret War in Arabia, 1916-18 by James Barr (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by agnesrarebooks
- Est. delivery by 20 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1916. The Allies are struggling in the Great War. The Ottoman Sultan calls for a pan-Islamic jihad against all n-Muslims except Germans. But Sharif Husein, ruler of the holy city of Mecca, is smarting under Turkish rule, fomenting Arab nationalism and lobbying the British to support him. It seems to the British a good idea secretly to encourage an Arab revolt. Setting the Desert on Fire is a masterly account of this key moment made legendary by T. E. Lawrence, but here filled with a wide range of characters including the British Prime Minister Lloyd George, whose desire to capture 'Jerusalem by Christmas' had consequences that reverberate to this day.
- Author BiographyJames Barr graduated from Oxford with a first in Modern History, went on to write leaders for the Daily Telegraph and now works in the City.
- Author(s)James Barr
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/06/2007
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.